N. D'Apuzzo, "Introduction", in Proc. of 3rd Int. Conf. on 3D Body Scanning Technologies, Lugano, Switzerland, 2012, p. 9.
Hometrica Consulting - Dr. Nicola D'Apuzzo, Zurich/Ascona, Switzerland
The 3rd International Conference and Exhibition on 3D Body Scanning Technologies (3DBST 2012) was held on October 16th to 17th 2012 in the convention center of Lugano, Switzerland. This event was organized by Hometrica Consulting - Dr. Nicola D'Apuzzo, Switzerland.
This conference and its parallel exhibition aim to fulfill the demand for an international event focused on 3D human body scanning technologies, 3D human body measurement methods and applications. This event is the world leading technical platform dedicated to these specific fields.
In the last two decades, 3D scanning technologies developed in other industrial sectors were successfully applied to the measurement and scanning of the human body. Methods and techniques are continuously ameliorated, more efficient and performing scanning systems are produced every year and new software tools are developed unceasingly.
The international conference and exhibition on 3D body scanning technologies serves as a platform for the information on the latest developments and interesting applications in various sectors, as well as, for building relationships and exchanging ideas between manufacturers, users, developers and researchers from around the world.
The contents of the presented works at the conference are related, but not limited to, the following technical areas:
- 3D body and 3D face scanning methods, systems
- Active 3D body scanning technologies (laser scanning, white-light scanning, Kinect)
- Passive body scanning methods (photogrammetry, visual-hull)
- Portable and hand-held human body scanning and measurement devices
- Body scanning systems for the apparel and fashion sector
- Applications in medical sciences (forensics, plastic surgery, dentistry, orthotics, prosthetics)
- Foot scanning, custom footwear and orthopedics
- Digital anthropometry, anthropometric studies
- Body measurement campaigns, fitting mannequins
- Biometrics and applications in security
- Applications in sport, health and fitness
- Human body and face modeling, animation and simulation
- Applications in virtual life, games and entertainment
- 3D body scanning for arts and sculpture
These proceedings gather the papers presented during the conference by renowned experts in the field of 3D body scanning. The technical papers are organized in theme sessions.
© Hometrica Consulting - Dr. Nicola D'Apuzzo, Switzerland, www.hometrica.ch.
Reproduction of the proceedings or any parts thereof (excluding short quotations for the use in the preparation of reviews and technical and scientific papers) may be made only after obtaining the specific approval of the publisher. The papers appearing in the proceedings reflect the author's opinions. Their inclusion in these publications does not necessary constitute endorsement by the editor or by the publisher. Authors retain all rights to individual papers.